The courts do not automatically terminate and/or modify the terms of child support and spousal support (alimony). It is up to the paying parties to seek these actions on their own. In most cases, a simple request for a hearing often brings positive results. Though many people shy away from seeking legal representation in these cases due to large fees, it is possible for you to get exceptional, low-cost representation.

California Family Laws on Terminating Child Support

Any type of change in circumstances may be grounds upon which a termination or modification of child or spousal support may be sought.

Examples are:

  • A child reaching age 18 or finishing high school
  • Other party gets married or remarried
  • Income increase or loss
  • Your own marriage or remarriage
  • Either party moving out of the area or state

Take Action Now

A garnishment for support or a support order will continue indefinitely if you do not take action. If you stop paying, arrearages can accumulate, leaving you vulnerable to action from the district attorney. Prosecutors are aggressive about going after individuals who owe back support payments. It is important that you take action now to ensure that the ending of your payment is court-approved. We have helped hundreds of clients in Long Beach, Huntington Beach and throughout Southern California with terminating their support payments.

At Budget Legal Services, we strongly believe in clients’ rights to cost-effective legal representation. We offer fixed fees so clients know how much it will cost them to seek the termination of the support that they are paying. In many cases, the support that is being terminated or reduced pays for the fees that the firm charges. After our fees are paid, you can move forward knowing that your money is being saved.

Flat fee services so you can get the affordable representation you deserve. Call (562) 598-8849 or send us an e-mail to discuss your options with a knowledgeable attorney.

Contact Our Long Beach Termination of Child Support Lawyers Today

It is possible to terminate spousal support or child support payments in certain situations. Our firm can help you understand your rights and pursue a resolution to the case for a low-cost, fixed fee. We are up front with our clients, as you will always know how much it will cost and what you will get from us for the flat fee. Call (562) 598-8849 or send us an e-mail today to begin your free consultation.

Contact Our Firm

Why Choose Our Firm?

  • Flat Rates
  • Quick & Easy
  • Free Consultations
  • No Hourly Charges
  • Quality Legal Services since 1990